Vehicle Wrap Care
Vehicle wrap care is vital to the life of your vehicle wraps. It is an essential process that maintain the wraps vinyl from UV rays and harsh Southern California weather. Protect your vehicle wraps investment. Vehicle wrap care is like maintaining a fine paint job. Only use high quality products recommended specifically for car care. Vehicle wrap care means to clean and maintenance procedures that will help keep your high quality car graphics looking their best. Vehicle wrap care also extend the life of your vehicle wrap to get it maximum life expectancy. Not maintaining your car wrap will shorten the life of your vehicle wraps. Here are some tips for maintaining you vehicle wraps.
Washing and Cleaning
- Wash wraps whenever the car appears dirty or at least once a week. Do not allowed dust, bird dropping, sap or other contaminants to remain on the surface of the graphic may be more difficult to remove in time.
- Rinse off any dirt or/and grit as much as possible with a spray of water.
- Bird droppings, tar,bug splatter, tree sap or any difficult contaminants can be remove with hot soapy water. soak them for several minutes to soften up the contaminants and then wipe off with soft sponge.
- Non-abrasive detergent such as 3M™ Car Wash Soap or something similar may be use with a soft, clean sponge.
- Rinse thoroughly and reduce water spotting by squeegeeing off the water and dry with a microfiber cloth.
- Brush-type car wraps are not recommended as they can abrade the film and cause edges to lift or chip, as well as dulling the film’s appearance.
- Hand washing is the preferred cleaning method, it’s easy on the wrap and ensure a clean job through out the whole vehicle.
- High pressure washing may be used but under strict condition. It has to be within certain pressure and certain temperature.
**Do not use rough scrubbing or abrasive tools, which will scratch the film. Wash and rinse off all residue with gentle care.
Most standard wrap vinyl with low to high gloss overlaminates can be polished or waxed with a high quality car wax. Always test and approve in an area where it is less inconspicuous area before use.
- Do not use any abrasive polishes or cutting compounds as it will cut through the protective overlaminates.
- Carbon fiber and brushed metal films in Scotchprint® Wrap Film Series 1080, a polishing product such as 3M™ Tire Restorer or Meguiars® Natural Shine Protectant may be used.
- Matte wrap or textured wrap are not recommend any wax product or polishing.
Vinyl graphics wrap (just like paint) are degraded by prolonged exposure to sun and atmospheric pollutants. The horizontal surfaces such as hood, trunk lid and roof are more likely to have the most affect due to its direct exposure. Store in a garage or at least in a shaded area during the day whenever possible. Use protective cover at night to keep from dew or rain, which may contain acidic pollutants (a common problem in many large metropolitan areas) when a garage is not available. If the graphics start to discolor or turn brown (which is caused by acidic pollution), immediately remove the graphics from the vehicle to avoid staining the underlying paint.